Saturday, May 12, 2007

Animal House

I was just reading that the Highland Light in North Truro turns 150 years old.I love that lighthouse.The sound of that foghorn on stormy nights was so soothing and also romantic with the young ladies.You could hear it all across North Truro but my story starts in Boston at the NEZ house the Fri night of Memorial Day weekend 1981.The house was pretty empty and Mugsy and I deceided to drop some acid.Right after we took it Animal House came on TV and we started watching and soon were caught up in it.Around midnight after many beers and with a good acid buzz going we decided the only thing to do was drive to Cape Cod right now!So we grabbed a 12 pack hit Mao's closet for two bottles of white wine and along with a few joints some speed and a vile of coke we headed out with mugs driving his VW411 or whatever they were called.About 45 minutes out of Boston after much fun Mugs starts waving his hand in front of his face saying"I can't see" "Pull over" says I and we smoke a doob and do a few lines.This went on like three times before we made it over the bridge onto the Cape at which we got a second wind.All of a sudden we are in North Truro at like 3a.m. with nothing to do so we pull off route 6 and talk and do more drugs ,have another beer and all of a sudden its getting light out.So off we go to Provincetown where we pull into a parking lot right before or past The Red Inn.We open a bottle of wine and I tell mugs we have to let it breathe which is when he looks at me like what kind of stoner idiot are you.So we start sipping wine and at this point I found Camels in my pocket so we're smoking drinking wine at daybreak with fisherman walking by us and looking at us like we're two really messed up guys having a good time.Around then we snoozed for an hour or so and when we woke up decided it was time to head back to North Truro and find the house I had rented with five other guys and gals for the summer.The thing was though the cottge sat off the road above the bay on freezer beach.So we drive back and forth with no luck and finally wind up at Dutras Market around 9 in the morning.We have no idea what to do when Jimmy M. my workmate from Babes and roomate shows up withMarty another roomie and then my brothers Larry and Mike pull in followed by Grtetchen W. from Pittsford.So we all head down Pond Road to the cottage and proceed to drink more beer(cont)

No comments: