Friday, May 18, 2007

Birthday Fun

Back in 1973 I was spending a lot of time with Bill W. ,Teg Jones a few other guys and gals and Bills sister Debbie.Debbie and I were in the early stages of an on-again off again thing and when Feb rolled around we were on again.The night of the 6th,my 18th B-Day we all went up to Teg Jones parents place above the mushroom house.It was cold and clear but there was snow on the ground.We were drinking beer and Bill and I were doing shots from some bottle of rotgut whiskey.We were drinking inside but then went outside to smoke some doobs and I kept hitting the Whiskey bottle and debbie kept telling me to take it easy on the booze.Well going outside into the cold made the hard stuff hit and next thing I know we were driving down 96 with Bill driving the W.family Pinto with Debbie shotgun and myself,Bill M. and Karen.W in backseat.We had the lights on trying to light a doob I am told when a Trooper went by the other side of 96.He pulled a U-Turn and came after us at which point Bill pulled over and switched seats with Debbie.Debbie had turned 18 in Jan and it was after 11 or 12 or whatever law was back then so Bill was not supposed to be driving at 17 w/o an adult in car.The trooper said he saw Bill driving and was giving us a hard time when I seated behind the driver seat and now Debbie pushed it forward and chowed out the window and halfway onto the Trooper.Bill said he looked at me,then his pants and told us to get the hell out of there and he better not see us again tonight.

No comments: