Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Hendersons Pond

Three of my brothers are at the frozen four this weekend including Larry.They have been going to the College Hockey finals for the past nine years and that got me to thinking about the day a bunch of us played hockey all afternoon.It was Xmass break a few years after High School.We played on the pond on the way to JK'S house that Ben Hendersons grandfather owned at that time and his house sat back in a corner in the woods.The Murph was the only one who used skates for the rest of us it was boot hockey but we had a blast and played a long time on a rare sunny winter day in Roch.That night we played poker in the basement at Framers parents house.We had two or three tables going as there were a bunch of us and anyone who had played hockey kept jumping up with cramps in the back of their upper thighs from muscles one would not use unless running on ice in boots.It was funny to watch all of us jumping up and down through the night.I recall Framer had a huge row of books near the steps in his basement with a whole bunch of stuff by The Beats so I'll put up a few.I never have firgured out line breaks so I'll use- for line break."Ah who cares?-I'll do what I want--Roll another joint", "The cow,taking a big-dreamy crap,turning-To look at me" from book of Haikus by Jack Kerouac and "Poker Star," "It's a star that looks-like a poker game above-the mountains of eastern Oregon-There are three men playing.-They are all sheepherders.-One of them has two pair,-the others have nothing. Richard Brautigan,"The Pill versus the Springhill Mine Disaster"

No comments: