Tuesday, April 3, 2007

White Punks on Dope

I wasn't going to post tonight till I just read the story in the D&C about vandals trashing the town cemetery in Nunda down by Hunt Hollow.One thing I have done when I come back to Roch and cruise the Finger Lakes is check out the old graveyards and there are a lot of them.I've searched them online also.Biedy has a very small old one on the way to his cottage in Port Bay that was just cleaned up in the past few years.Italy Valley has a few I have stopped at.Biedy showed me one a couple of years back in Ontario County that was all overgrown next to a medical bldg he called on including one Revolutionary War Vet.Last fall Mrs. B dragged me grumbling and complaining(unlike my usual self) even though I did not know where we were going to Mount Hope Cemetery.It was a cool early November day and it turned out to be one of the best times I have had in Roch. Thanks Mrs. B!!The atmosphere is just steeped in History and the grounds are quite beautiful. We spent a good three hours plus there.Lots of huge old trees and rolling hilly grounds and some incredible graves and crypts.A lot of History on the grounds and some downright spooky areas even in daylight.

2 comments:

cowboy said...

John, were the hell is the spell check on this damn thing?

JAbel said...

spell check?spell check?We don't need no stinkin spell check! I just type and send