Sunday, April 1, 2007

Wedding Tales

I was thinking back to the first of our gang to get married.Scott and Marys wedding gave us our first Bachelor party.Who can forget the scratch and sniff Hustler Centerfold at dinner or that beautiful farm girl dancer/stripper out at that place in Bloomfield afterwards.There were also a lot of great parties given them before the wedding and I basically blew all my Burdett's earnings on chump powder that spring.After the reception a bunch of us wound up at Ann's friend Judy McD. on Allens Creek and someone came up with the idea of skinny dipping.Well I jumped in the pool naked and looked around to see everyone looking at me dressed like what is this Drunk up to.(That seemed to happen to me a lot at Weddings) Anyhoo I get out of the pool after a few minutes and find out Judys dog has run off into the bushes with one of my socks.I had to have a drink over that and as the fog moved into my brain I found myself in a car with Tracy Put. ,Suzie Schul.,Mary C. and myself.It was Suzies moms car but Tracy drove and after a stop at Thirstys where Mary snagged a bottle of Whitehorse Scotch we decided to crash in on Russ and Ann who had gone down to her parents cottage.While Tracy was a gentleman and talked to Sue in the front seat Mary and I slugged on the bottle of scotch in the dark of the backseat and at some point while I was trying to maul her we kicked it over open which made the back seat smell real good the next day.We showed up at the lake woke up Russ and Ann and partied on all night.Come early morning we were all lying on the dock in lounge chairs when Russ decided waterskiing was just what he needed for a wakeup call.So Tracy and I got in the boat Rusty hooked up the tow rope and off we went.The breeze did wake me up so I popped a beer and was the lookout when Tracy started started to head towards shore after a signal from Russ.As we got closer and closer to the shore Russ was grinning like an idiot and Tracy and I were wondering why he didn't drop the rope.We started yelling to him and he gave us a laugh and as we were just nearing the dock Russ let go of the rope and literally skiied right onto the gravel beach next to the dock.The skis stuck fast in the gravel and Russ did two complete head over head tumbles getting a big round of applause from us and the girls on the deck.Luckily he was so drunk he was scratched up but unhurt.We toasted that with Bloody Mary's and then passed out for the rest of the morning.Weddings were tough.

No comments: