Saturday, April 28, 2007

Masterbakers

I received some old pics from Grizz today and two of them from his parents place are marked Clambake 75 so it looks like both the legendary 75 and the 76 were held at Quigs.One of the pics from 75 shows quite a few full moons exposed on route 64 with a lot of guys standing around.What the poor souls driving by must have thought but more on those two bakes in a later post.I missed the first bake which was held at the old Kennedy place and involved only 12 or 13 guys one of which either Joe or Foss as I recall wound up being pushed around in a wheelbarrow passed out.Junior year was at Doug Turners and it had a bigger group but still mostly our close gang.The one thing I recall about that one is Spike getting in a fight with some neighborhood tough who was a junior but the reasons are forgottten much like many many braincells.Senior year was at Kenna Woodas parents pace at Thornell and East Streets and for the first time other guys from our year outside our small circle were there.I recall Foos sticking his finger down his throat so he could puke and drink more.But what made 74 a breakout bake was after Kennys we had a convoy of cars full of drunken stoned Pittsford guys descend on the Cottage Hotel.I think it was a Sunday that bake was held as when we entered the Cottage it was pretty empty.It was the first of two years we terrorised Tommy Doggett and Ben Henderson.All I know is sinks were ripped from bathrooms(Greg Clark) and that I was sitting at the bar with Foos and Murphy while Foos kept raising a shot glass and chanting"To the Furher!" At some point we lit a joint at the bar and Ben Henderson told us we had to leave and the Murph gets up and starts walking to the door while Foos and I yell to him Murph what the hell is he going to do?.It was while at the bar while mayhem ran amuk around us that Foos and I started talking to these two long haired hippie types at the bar.The rest is a blur but when we all left The Cottage Foos and I wound up leaving with these two guys.We smoked and drank and I passed out and came to as we were dropping off Foos at his parents house.I passed out again and next thing I know these two guys and I hit a tree on some country road in a Maverick or something like that.They started talking about driving to someones house to get another car.The car we were in was driveable but I remember a smashed windshield.I think they had forgotten about me in the backseat and at this point I started to tell these guys to take me home.We started arguing and I was cursing them when I saw we were at route 31 and Marsh Road so I said listen you fueckers drop me off here and I'll walk home from here.So I get out and after walking a few minutes realise I'm on some kind of route 31 but not anywhere near Bushnell's Basin.It turns out I was in Macedon.At this point I am pissed and still fucked up big time so I walk off the road and into this cornfield where the next thing I know it is first light and I've been sleeping in this cornfield for a while.I stumble out onto the road and stick out my thumb.After a bit a guy comes along and asks where I'm going.I say Pittsford and he says you are going the wrong way.So I cross the road and the next guy says I'm going the wrong way.Then I notice I'm not on 31 but some other side road that runs the same way.I finally figure out the right way and get a ride to Fairport. As I'm walking through town very early I see the police station and I figure I'll tell them what happened and they will let me sleep a few hours as a drunk.No one is there so I curse them out thinking Otis always had a place to go in Mayberry.I wind up across from the Green Lantern Inn and who comes along but Eddie the Janitor from PMHS.He pulls up and I get in and he is laughing"Where the Hell have you been,you look like shit!" he exclaims and I tell him you wouldn't believe it and utter my silent "Fuck You,What a Rummy I thought to myself" about eddie.Anyhoo he drops me at PMHS and I walk the rest of the way home to my parents on RRMills and around 8:00 on monday morn walk up the driveway my mom outside watering and just grunt at her on my way to bed.For all that I had the honor of winning"King Clam" our senior year.

No comments: