Thursday, March 29, 2007

Fate

I was going to write something else tonight but I just realised that today is my old friend Joe Filbrichs b-day.I haven't spoken to him in years but if it wasn't for him and his family we never would have moved to Pittsford.He and I were best friends going to St.Margaret Marys in Irondequoit and for the second half of 8th grade he commuted in from Pittsford every day where they had moved in Jan onto Old Forge Lane.We went out to visit in late winter and my parents who had looked in Webster loved the area.Soon we were building our house right below on Railroad Mills.So because of him I got that quality Pittsford education all the friends I have now and the hundreds of Pittsford chics I went out with.Plus I got to become a Parkrat.It's funny cause we fell out over a girl not long after we moved to Pittsford.Anyhoo one of the best times we had was in Nov of 1969.We took Joe along with my grandmother down to my uncles hunting camp in Canisteo.This place was an old farm house no heat,outhouse a real hillbilly heaven.Myself two of my brothers and Joe played Euchre all night drinking springwater and soon after we were in bed upstairs listening to the mice run around in the walls the owl hooting on the roof and talking and laughing I found I had to go.Since it was Nov I had no intention of going outside to the outhouse so I found a cup on the ledge took a leak and tossed it out the window.A few minutes later my brother Larry asks me what I went in.When I tell him a cup on the ledge he says"Grandmas dentures were in a cup on that ledge" So off went the three Abel brothers and Joe creeping downstairs and out the front door out onto the frosty lawn looking for my grandmothers teeth and getting a good laugh over it.After about five minutes with no luck we figure her teeth must have been in another cup.Going back to the door we find it locked and have to bang on it which brings my father off the downstairs couch he was sleeping on to let us in .When he opens it it sets off my uncles alarm which is a loud ringing bell.He wants to know what the hell all four of us are doing outside at that hour and I don't recall our excuse but we snickered about it for another half hour listening to the mice in the walls and the owl on the roof.

3 comments:

fka_wldmn said...

That's such a lovely story. I don't know why you have to tell those other depraved tales. It must be the influence of those degenerate friends you refer to.

Your Mother

JAbel said...

I like Depravity and I like to watch.

JAbel said...

fna_wldmn left a comment in the very first what is parkrat post tonight and I do believe he is correct in that the judge uttered those words during JK'S hearing in town court after he rolled his sisters car in the park that night.Wasn't the judge though in the Thirstys five case wildmans old Pop Warner coach.