Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Mustang Convertible

I saw a really mint 73 mustang convertible tonight while talking to my neighbor out front.I had a hardtop version for awhile but everytime I see a convertible I think of the one Teg Jones parents had.He used to go down to Dansville early sat mornings and go up in gliders.During the spring of 73 I used to go with him.We left Pittsford at like 6:15 and got to Dansville early.The great part for me was Teg used to let me take off in the Mustang for a few hours even though I had no License.I would put the top down no matter how cool and cruise back roads the tunes blasting.One morning around 9 I was up in the hills above Dansville cruising a dirt road smokin a doob.I see no one for like half an hour and then out in the middle of nowhere on this back road are parked two black caddies one with the trunk up.I start slowin down to see what's up and about fifty yards off in a farmers field I see six guys in dark suits who look like and ad for The Godfather.Two of em are holding shovels and I'm staring at them and they are staring back at me real close.I'm thinking in my head"I don't see nuthin here" while one guy pulls his glasses down and gives me a LOOK.Thats enough for me and I punch it spitting up dirt and getting the hell back down to Dansville quick as I can.The whole time I'm checking the rearview mirror and all morning at the glider lot I keep waiting for a caddie to pull into the lot but I never saw them again and have no idea what they were doing up there but it wasn't planting vegetable seeds.

1 comment:

RP said...

I'm surprised you're still not digging out the Mustang.......You and those damn dirt roads